We Take Trades
Yes.... We want your trade-in
One of the most popular questions we get is … Will you take my trade?
The answer is YES. We love trades.
We take good trades, bad trades, ugly trades, old trades, banged up trades and even non-running trades.
Planning to Trade in? Consider this ....
- You will need your car’s certificate of title. If it is missing, the department of motor vehicles can tell you how to get it replaced. If that is too much work just ask us and we can help.
- The cars current registration. This will confirm vehicle ownership and confirm tags are current and eligible to be transferred to your new car.
- If you still have a loan on the car, you will need to have your account number or a 15-day payoff amount.
- You will need a valid photo ID so we can confirm you identity and notarize your signature on the title
- All your car keys and the owner manual. Extra keys are important and valuable so don’t leave them a home.
- You should clean out your car, paying special attention to areas out of sight but convenient for stashing things: under seats, over the visors and in the glovebox.
- If your car has a navigation system, clear out personal information, like your address and phone numbers.
- Bring your Old Maintenance Records. Showing that regular maintenance was performed on the car will increase the value.
- Don’t forget the sunglasses tray or the garage door opener. Once you trade that car they will probably be gone forever.
- Fill up your tank with gas. Dealerships love this!! Just kidding, do not waste your money. It is fine to bring it to us empty
Want to get an idea of what your trade is worth?
- There are plenty of websites that can give you an idea of what your car is worth. Some of the most popular ones are www.nadaguides.com and www.kbb.com.
- AutoMax will almost always beat any other dealerships trade offer. Remember we sell used cars so will always pay more than those new car stores do.
- Want more accurate estimate of what your trade is worth. Click here for the Value My Trade form and we will call you back with an offer.
Watch the Video Above to see Kevin Attempt to Evaluate a Trade
We promise not to send Kevin out to do your appraisal because he has no idea what it is worth. Don’t worry, we have plenty of people that can appraise your car and make sure you get the most for your trade
Top Reasons to Trade at AutoMax
- If you trade your car in you will always gain tax savings from sales tax advantage
- We guarantee a higher offer CarMax or any other cash offer from a franchise dealer.
- Trades reduce the amount financed which lowers the amount of interest that you are paying during the life of the loan
- You can lower your down payment if you have equity in your trade
- You can save the hassle and the time it takes to sell yourself
- You don’t have to fix all the problems with your current car before selling it
What is My Vehicle Worth?
Interested in trading in your current vehicle? It would probably be good to have an estimate of what it's worth first. After all, trading in a vehicle is a lot less hassle than selling it yourself. And you can often lower your payments by trading in a vehicle as well. Win-win!
We're here to help you make an informed decision here at AutoMax. Fill out the simple form below, and we'll send you an estimated appraisal within 48 hours. From there, it's up to you what you want to do!